Thursday, January 18, 2007

The PC

I have been trying to get iTunes to work with my laptop and the new Shuffle I got for Christmas. There is only one problem...

to get it to work with my computer, I need the newest version of iTunes. The problem here is that I need a specific version of Windows Installer, the one and only progam that I know of that you can use to install software onto your computer, and the one that iTunes requires for Windows. So what is the problem? I tried to get the newer version, and it tells me that my version cannot install that version. Essentially, something is wrong with my installer, it seem irreprable, and it seems I will never be able to install anything on my computer ever again unless I wipe the entire system. LOVELY. The computer hasn't has any real problems up until this point, and seems to have nothing really all that wrong with it besides the inevitable slowing down over time from the inefficiency that is the very essence of Windows.

If anyone knows how I could install Installer without ITSELF I would be perfectly happy to hear you out. For now, I'm just quite irrate at my computer's problem. I know that Installer worked at some point, because when I put iTunes on to save my CD I bought in Japan and to play the songs that dad sent me for Christmas (for which I was thankful) it downloaded and installed just fine. But apparently, it doesn't want to download any more programs, and the version of iTunes I have is too old (already!) to run my iPod.

I'm tired, got a cold, and am doing alot of duties that are popping up out of the blue that are to make up for higher-up teachers' problems, and I am not in nearly a good enough mood for this. Irrate is a very appropriate word to describe my mood.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry baby- get well soon.

Love Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home